- Car and light-truck tires
- Bicycle tires (must be in bundles of 10)
- Motorcycle tires
- Semi truck and trailer tires
- Race car tires
- Agricultural tires/Tractor tires (Under 4 feet in diameter and 1 foot wide)
- No Bicycle Inner Tubes
- No Off-road tires
- No Golf Tires with rims
- No Forestry, Logging, or Mining tires
- No Skid-steer, Loader, or Earth-mover tires
- No Heavy Equipment tires
- No Airplane tires
- No Tires over 10-ply
- No Solid or gel filled tires
- No Rubber Tracks of any kind
- No Conveyor Belts
Tires are accepted at the Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area. If you have more than 20 tires, please call our office at 231-348-0640.
On-rim and off-rim are both fine.
Remove dirt, rocks, water, snow and ice from tires before bringing them to the Center.
Have your load checked by the Attendant before unloading.
- Car and light truck tires $4 each. Households: Beginning May 1st, passenger tires only $1 to recycle until we reach 4,000 tires collected!
- Bicycle tires bundle of 10/$4
- Agricultural tires (i.e. tractor tires) $25 each
- Semi tires $11 each
Some particularly large or heavy tractor tires are not recyclable. Size is limited to 4 ft. in diameter and/or 12 in. in width