- Porcelain fixtures
- Mortar material
- Masonry debris
- Concrete (with rebar is okay)
- NO Window pane glass
- Nothing painted with lead paint
- NO Drywall, sheetrock, Durrock, Fiberock, HardieBacker, or the like
- NO Asbestos
Rubble is accepted at the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area. Have your load checked at the Gatehouse before unloading.
- Please remove seats, faucets, etc. from plumbing fixtures
- Accepted together, on the same pile
- Rebar and wire mesh are okay
- SAVE 50% over landfilling! $14/cubic yard fee. Have your load checked at the Gatehouse before unloading.
This service has been updated. Please refer to the the Brush/Logs/Pallets section here.
Recycle Asphalt Shingles
Recycling of shingles is suspended until further notice due to contraction of markets for the material. Shingles are still accepted for landfilling at the Waste Transfer Station.
We are actively looking for new markets to recycle shingles. Call 231-348-0640 or check back for more information as it develops.
Felt Tar Paper Asphalt shingles
NO Hazardous materials NO Glue or Sealant buckets NO Food Wrappers or bottles or residential garbage from the site NO Plywood NO Treated or finished wood NO Cedar Shake, Roll or Tile Shingles
Asphalt shingles are accepted FOR DISPOSAL to the landfill at the Waste Transfer Station–which is also located at the Drop-off Center–in the off season. Asphalt shingles are accepted FOR RECYCLING April 1 through November 1 at the Drop-off Center. Outside the season call 231-348-0640 to confirm availability of recycling.
Nails are ok $24/cubic yard fee plus fuel surcharge for disposal if load is co-mingled or contaminated or off-season. $14/cubic yard fee