Recycle Large Appliances
Large metal appliances
- Largely plastic items
- Dishwashers with a plastic tub are accepted--also at the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center--as non-compactable garbage.
Large appliances are accepted at the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center in the Bulky Materials Recycling area. Have your load checked by the attendant before unloading.
- There is a $5 per item handling fee for large appliance
- *Refrigerant containing appliances must be inspected by a licensed HVAC technician who will remove the refrigerant and tag the appliance. If you bring such an appliance in without a tag, we can provide the inspection/refrigerant recycling/tagging service. Fees are:
- Large (i.e. freezers, full size refrigerators, large air conditioners) $25
- Small (i.e. household dehumidifiers, mini fridges, window air conditioners) $15
Recycle Small Metal Appliances
- Small appliances primarily made of METAL go on the Scrap Metal pile at the Drop-off Center.
- Small appliances primarily made of PLASTIC are no longer recyclable.
- Please throw away removable parts not made of metal (i.e blender pitchers, microwaves turntables, power-tool cases).
- Electronics are collected separately. Click here for more information on recycling electronics.
Small metal appliances are accepted at the Drop-off Center.
- There is no charge to drop off small metal appliances at the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center.
- **A refrigerant-management fee applies to air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and mini fridges. See below.
Recycle Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers
- Beverage Coolers
- Water Coolers (i.e. Culligan, Absopure)
- Air Conditioners, AC Units
- Any other refrigerant containing device
At the Drop-off Center on Pleasantview Road.
Fee: If your item has not already been tagged by a certified refrigeration technician–as required law before recycling or disposal–there is a fee to cover this service:
- Refrigerators, freezers, large air conditioners $25
- Air conditioners (window), dehumidifiers, and mini fridges, $15
We contract with a certified technician to come out and remove the refrigerant from or confirm the lack of refrigerant in a bunch of appliances at once and tag them all. We provide this service because, individually, it is very expensive and difficult to schedule an appointment with a certified refrigeration tech to have your appliance tagged. This is an important step which protects the ozone layer and is key to slowing or reversing climate change.