Emmet County Recycling Guide
Your day-to-day recyclables are collected in TWO groups:
- Containers and
- Paper, Boxes and Bags
This is called a “dual-stream recycling system." It may take a little getting used to if you are coming from a community with
- “source-separated recycling," in which recyclables are sorted into three or more categories or
- “single-stream recycling," in which all day-to-day recyclables are collected together.
What can you recycle?
Mixed Containers includes:
- Metal cans, foil and trays
- Juice boxes, milk cartons, paper cups and ice cream cartons
- Plastic bottles, jugs and jars
- Plastic tubs, trays and cups
- Glass bottles and jars
Papers, Boxes and Bags includes:
- Newspapers and insert
- Magazines, catalogs and books
- Office and writing paper
- Cardboard, cereal boxes, and paper grocery bags
- Plastic Grocery and Bread Bags
Where to Recycle Them
But wait, THERE’S MORE!
We accept an additional 30 materials at the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center
7363 South Pleasantview Road
east of Harbor Springs
For hours and prices visit Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center link below.
At the Pleasantview Road Drop-off Center, you can recycle your Day-to-Day recyclables AND all of the following:
Bricks (see Rubble below)
Ceramics (see Rubble below)
Concrete (see Rubble below)
Porcelain (see Rubble below)
For hours and prices visit our Drop-off Center page.